Disclosure Form for CC Advising, Inc.
CC Advising, Inc. is required to disclose the following information:
* CC Advising, Inc. is a 501(3)(c) non-profit agency dedicated to providing professional credit counseling and financial education programs.
* CC Advising, Inc. does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for referrals.
* Approved to issue certificates in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of an Agency’s services.
* Our program is funded by fees from our clients for services and educational programs offered to the public to cover the costs related to those programs. We may also receive funding from contributions or donations.
* CC Advising instructors are certified by either the NACCC (National Association of Certified Credit Counselors) or Arbor Education Financial Counseling. CC Advising, Inc. counselors are required to take annual continuing education programs in the field of credit counseling to maintain their certification.
* The Pre-Petition Bankruptcy Counseling session fee is $9.76 per person. The cost is $50 per person if taking the course through our mobile site. CC Advising, Inc. accepts credit cards, and we also accept checks, cash, or money orders if you prefer to pay by mail. A $5 optional charge per certificate for faxing the certificate applies if the client desires. A $6 optional charge per certificate for mailing the certificate applies if desired. A $5 optional charge per account applies if the client desires an audio read along version of the course. The fee for the audio course is waived for hearing-impaired clients. When you check the box on our registration page stating you are hearing-impaired, the fee for audio will be waived automatically. Optional services are not necessary to complete the counseling session or to receive a certificate, they are not selected by default, and they are available to no-cost clients at no additional charge.
* CC Advising, Inc. does not report any of our clients to any credit reporting agency. Use of CC Advising Inc.’s services will not have any impact on your credit report.
* CC Advising, Inc.’s Pre-Petition Bankruptcy Counseling Program is available to individuals who are unable to pay. (Please see our Fee Waiver Policy by clicking on “I qualify as a no-cost client” on our registration page).
* The client has the opportunity to negotiate an alternative payment schedule as provided for in 11 U.S.C. 502(k). CC Advising, Inc., does not provide this service. CC Advising, Inc. may refer clients to another approved agency, and the client will be responsible for all fees in connection with such referral.
* Upon course completion, CC Advising, Inc. will provide an individual certificate of completion to each client who completes the course. We are mandated by the UST to issue the certificate within one business day. It is our policy to exceed this goal by issuing the certificate immediately after counseling except in exigent circumstances (such as unavailability of the UST certificate generation system).
* Free Bilingual Service: Our web site is available in Spanish and Russian when taken by computer only, and there is no extra cost associated with those options. We do not currently support languages other than English on our mobile / tablet web site.
* Disclosures to UST: CC Advising, Inc. may disclose information to the United States Trustee in connection with their oversight of our agency, or during the investigation of complaints, during on-site visits, or during quality of service reviews.
* The United States Trustee has only reviewed CC Advising, Inc.’s credit counseling services. The UST has neither reviewed nor approved any further services our agency provides to our clients.
* A client will only receive a certificate if the client successfully completes the credit counseling session.
Terms and Conditions for CC Advising, Inc.
The Client must provide certain information upon registration. This information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, Name, Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Last 4 Digits of their Social Security Number, and Bankruptcy case information. The Client must also include the Name, E-mail, and Phone Number of their attorney. Clients should understand that the failure to provide such information may result in the inability of the client to register for the course, or may delay delivery of the certificate to their attorney.
The course costs $9.76 for single and $19.52 for joint users when taken by computer. The course is $50 for single and $100 for joint users when taken by other internet enabled devices. Optional faxing and mailing and audio (audio fee is waived for hearing impaired clients) features are not required to complete the course or to receive a certificate but they are available at an additional cost. The pricing for those optional services appears on our registration page. A list of acceptable methods of payment are available on our registration page.
CC Advising's Pre-Discharge Debtor Education course is available to clients who are unable to pay the course fee. Please click on “I qualify as a no-cost client” on our registration page to read our Waiving Tuition Policy. The course is available 24/7 on the web at http://www.ccadvising.com/.
CC Advising relies on revenue from this credit counseling course to adequately continue to provide its credit counseling course, and we currently do not accept any donations from outside our organization.
Regarding Instructor Qualifications:
CC Advising instructors meet or exceed the standards of the United States Trustee Program. CC Advising will provide a certificate of course completion to the client when the client completes the course. Nothing herein shall apply to actions or claims under the provisions of the United States Bankruptcy Code, 11 U.S.C. Sec 101.
Impact on Credit Reports:
This course has no impact whatsoever on the information provided and available in your credit reports, and we do not report any information we receive to any credit reporting agency.
Regarding Free Bilingual Counseling Services
Our web site is available in Spanish and Russian when taken by computer only, and there is no extra cost associated with those options. We do not currently support languages other than English on our mobile / tablet web site.
Prompt Certificate Delivery
We are mandated by the UST to issue the certificate within one business day. It is our policy to exceed this goal by issuing the certificate immediately after counseling except in exigent circumstances (such as unavailability of the UST certificate generation system).
Alternative Payment Schedule
The client has the opportunity to negotiate an alternative payment schedule as provided for in 11 U.S.C. 502(k). CC Advising, Inc., does not provide this service. CC Advising, Inc. may refer clients to another approved agency, and the client will be responsible for all fees in connection with such referral.
Disclosures to UST
CC Advising, Inc. may disclose information to the United States Trustee in connection with their oversight of our agency, or during the investigation of complaints, during on-site visits, or during quality of service reviews.
UST has only Reviewed Credit Counseling Services
The United States Trustee has only reviewed CC Advising, Inc.’s credit counseling services. The UST has neither reviewed nor approved any further services our agency provides to our clients.
Conditions of Certificate Issuance
A client will only receive a certificate if the client successfully completes the credit counseling session.
CC Advising does not pay or receive fees or other considerations for referrals. Course materials are provided through the Internet, and the course is accessible at any time. Individuals under the age of 16 should not use our service or submit any personal information. CC Advising does not collect or retain information from those known to be under the age of 16, and no part of the Web site is intended or developed to attract anyone under the age of 16.
Waiving Tuition Policy for CC Advising, Inc.
CC Advising’s Pre-Filing Credit Counseling Session is available to clients who are unable to pay. All clients will be analyzed to determine if they qualify for a fee waiver. They will be notified by e-mail if they qualify, with instructions on the documentation required for a refund. A client may also request an advance determination prior to paying for the session by submitting the appropriate documentation. To qualify, the client's income must be below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines as published yearly by the Department of Health and Human Services. (Latest statistics available)
Regardless of fee waiver method (automatic or advance determination) The student is required to submit proof of their income for verification. CC Advising will then determine if the income information submitted qualifies for a fee waiver. Qualified no cost students are entitled to receive the internet or mobile version of our counseling session, along with all optional services they selected, including faxing, mailing, and the audio course for free.
The following documents are required to be submitted for determination of a fee waiver: Submission of Schedules I from the client's bankruptcy petition and household size. If those are not available, pay stubs (minimum of last 60 days), and the household size are required to verify the applicant qualifies.
The above documentation can be submitted by the client or by any party on the client's behalf to our Fee Waiver Department. Please redact any sensitive information (such as full Social Security Numbers) prior to submitting documentation.
Send your Documentation to the Following Address:
CC Advising, Inc.
Attn. Fee Waiver Request
703 Washington Ave.
Bay City, MI 48708-5732
or e-mail the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are several areas on the Web site where you may be asked to enter both personal and non-personal information.
(a) Information we receive from your submitted registration form. To use CC Advising's services, when you come to the Web site you'll need to provide personal information including but not limited to your Name, Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Last 4 Digits of their Social Security Number, and Bankruptcy case information. The Client must also include the Name, E-mail, and Phone Number of their attorney.
(b) Technical information we collect. CC Advising collects and tracks certain user information to allow for easy course management. When you visit the Web site, our Web server may send a cookie to your computer. This cookie stores a limited amount of information about your site visit. The cookie tracks aggregate information on how our site is being used, including session counts, navigation patterns, pages visited, etc. These cookies, however, do not store any personally identifiable information.
When you complete your registration form, we store your cookie identification in our system. This cookie allows our site to recognize you when you return. CC Advising also utilizes Web Logs to track aggregate information about how our site is being used. Web Logs track anonymous user information, including the number of visitors to the Web site, operating systems, Internet Provider addresses (if publicly available), and browser type. Unlike cookies, Web Logs do not store or place anything on the user's computer.
If you come to the Web site from an online banner ad, an anonymous identification number may be passed to the Web site. This information cannot be used to gather any personally identifiable information about you. It will only allow us to track the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, marketing and banner advertisement campaigns.
(c) Information from the About Us / email@example.com section of the Web site is provided that you may contact CC Advising. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us.
(d) Information collected on other sections of the Web site. CC Advising may, from time to time, make various resources available to you at the Web site to help educate you about the bankruptcy and/or credit counseling industry. At times we may collect personal information in connection with providing such services.
How your information is used
We use the information you provide in your registration form or other submission of information verify your identity and confirm you have completed the required debtor education course.
From time to time, course evaluation information is submitted to the United States Trustee upon their request.
Your certificate and/or information contained therein may be shared with a third party agency and disclosed only if requested by a court, a trustee, or a licensed attorney. Documentation verifying the validity of the certificate may also be shared. This provision is necessary to ensure the authenticity of certificates processed through our agency, as well as to ensure that any certificate filed with the court matches our records and is authentic.
In addition, CC Advising may disclose account or other personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with CC Advising's rights or property, other Web site users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
Altering Information You Submit
You may be able to review and change personal information in an active account.
(a) Deleting your information. Federal and state regulations may require that we store completed Submissions for various periods of time. In order to comply with these regulations, we may be unable to delete information from our databases.
Although CC Advising has taken measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed only in accordance with your instructions, CC Advising cannot and does not guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL RECORDS. Last updated on June 8, 2015.
Please read the entirety of the Terms and Conditions and scroll to the bottom before clicking that you